Agnes Cassidy: freshman at WVU, avid blogger, ghost hunter; 1/5 of MAPI
Get started here.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Meeting at Jay's

I was obnoxiously early for meeting the people at Jay's.
Which allowed me to purchase some coffee to sip on while I wait.
I made awkward eye contact with each person that came into Jay's. I kept thinking, "Is that one of them?"
It felt like something you would find in a sitcom.
As hopeful as I was, thinking that maybe I finally met someone with the same questions as I had, I couldn't help but feel uneasy about meeting people I had met online (stranger danger, anyone?)
But they were all generally normal. By my standards, not society's. They each had their own stories, and I sympathized with each of them.
Especially of Alcyone's story of her strict parents. While I couldn't begin to fathom how hard her life was, I could almost relate.
Cassie was more antsy that I realized. It was obvious that her run-in with the headless co-eds really got to her, and I could tell that she was relieved to meet people that shared a similar experience.
Tim, while he didn't really divulge any personal experience, seemed to take everyone's stories in with eyes wiser than his years.
And Peter, an older man that Cassie introduced as a freelance reporter, was similar to Tim in his silent introspective demeanor, but wrote everything down on a notepad. I couldn't help but notice that perhaps he seemed a little too eager to hear that others had a paranormal experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment